If you’re planning a trip to the Blue Mountains region of New South Wales, Australia, and you’re a cheese lover, be sure to stop off in Lithgow for a unique experience.
This charming town is located just a short drive from the Blue Mountains National Park and offers visitors a range of exciting activities to enjoy. And if you’re looking for a tasty and educational adventure, you won’t want to miss the chance to visit the Jannei Goat Dairy in Lidsdale. This family-run farm produces a range of artisanal cheeses, including soft and hard varieties, and visitors can sample them all during a cheese tasting tour. The tour takes visitors through the farm, giving them a behind-the-scenes look at the cheese-making process and the chance to interact with the goats.
- Visit the Glow Worm Tunnel: A popular attraction located in the Wollemi National Park, the Glow Worm Tunnel is a must-visit destination. The tunnel is home to thousands of glow worms that light up the area, creating a magical and enchanting atmosphere. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the tunnel, taking in the stunning views and the natural beauty of the surrounding bushland.
- Explore the Blue Mountains: The Blue Mountains National Park is just a short drive from Lithgow and offers a range of activities for visitors. Take a hike on one of the many trails, or simply enjoy the stunning scenery from one of the lookout points. The area is also home to a number of charming towns and villages, each with its unique character and attractions.
- Visit the Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum: If you’re interested in history, the Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum is well worth a visit. The museum showcases the history of the Lithgow Small Arms Factory, which was established in 1912 and played a significant role in Australia’s military history. Visitors can explore the museum’s displays and learn about the fascinating history of this iconic Australian institution.
- The Lithgow Blast Furnace is a fascinating historical site that offers visitors a glimpse into the region’s rich industrial heritage. The site features a restored 19th-century blast furnace, which was once used to produce pig iron. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the site, exploring the various interpretive displays and exhibits that provide insight into the history of the blast furnace and the workers who once toiled here. The site also features picnic facilities and walking trails, making it a great spot for a family outing or a leisurely stroll through the picturesque countryside.
- Take a scenic drive: The Lithgow region is home to some of the most picturesque drives in Australia. Take a leisurely drive through the countryside, taking in the stunning scenery and stopping off at charming towns and villages along the way. Some of the must-visit destinations include Tarana, Rydal, and Hartley.
- Experience the Jannei Goat Dairy: Finally, no trip to the Lithgow region would be complete without a visit to the Jannei Goat Dairy in Lidsdale. The farm produces a range of artisanal cheeses, including soft and hard varieties, and visitors can sample them all during a cheese tasting tour. The tour takes visitors through the farm, giving them a behind-the-scenes look at the cheese-making process and the chance to interact with the goats.
Lithgow and the surrounding Blue Mountains areas offer visitors a range of exciting activities to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in history, natural beauty, or simply good food, there’s something for everyone. And with the Jannei Goat Dairy in Lidsdale as your final destination, you’re sure to have a memorable trip.
Book your farm visit today!